Tuesday, January 20, 2015

First Ride on the Phatphatiya

Kuku took his first ride on the Phatphatiya on Sunday. I thought the hassle of taking the car and finding a place to park it would be an issue and so I suggested going by bike. Also, Kuku has not taken a ride on the bike and so I thought it would be fun. Hahahahahaha :D

Getting onto the phatphatiya was a breeze earlier but getting onto one with Kuku in my arms was an entirely different thing. And the joke, he refused to recognize the Arien, who was wearing his helmet and wailed shrill-ly until the Arien took off the helmet. After Kuku could see who it was, it still took a while to calm him down. Anyway, I got on and took him. It was obvious it was all new. Kuku wanted to continue wailing as the breeze hit his face full-force. Thankfully, he saw a cow grazing on garbage and he went 'MAAA' and no - it is not what you think. Kuku was not calling the cow his mom or his mom a cow but was actually imitating the sound that the cow makes.

Kuku was not interested in sitting in front i.e on the front seat or actually the petrol tank of the bike, at all. He was not comfortable riding pillion with me but of the two, he was ok with the latter. In fact, after the Polio drops session, after we reached our parking lot, I tried to move him to the front seat and he screamed - again, the Arien had to remove the helmet and calm him down. (I guess he thought the Arien was an alien from the way he screamed.) He was ok but not really comfortable - more like - I will put up with this for a few seconds and then I will wail. And then, finally, a small smile to say - Oh OK - when it ended.

The ride as such was fun because it was for a short distance. It was awkward for me as well. I mean, I dunno how zillions of women do this. I was terrified that I would lose my balance and fall down - probably on Kuku. I was terrified that the Arien would lose balance and we would all plonk down. I was actually glad it was over. I think so was Kuku :)

No comments: