Wednesday, May 27, 2009

10 things tht make me SMILE

I have ranted, cribbed, poked fun at numerous things most of which have become funny posts but I have never written 'bout something as simple as wht wud make me smile - wen I am stuck in situations tht I have cribbed so much 'bout. Thinking 'bout such an apparently simple thing has taken an amazingly looong time. Well, here goes:
  1. When my niece tells me the long version of the "Thirsty Crow" story over the phone and everyone arnd her is trying to get her off the phone.
  2. Waking up in time to see the sunrise - a cuppa of hot, sweet chai in my hand - the whole day stretched out ahead of me. On a weekday, I am rushing to complete the cooking, cleaning and so I really cannot have a lazy morning and on a weekend, I am snoring my morning away :P
  3. Listening to Yesudas's rendition of "Maha Ganapathim". Carnatic music has a major soothing effect on me.
  4. When I wake up pretty late, am crabby, and I find tht the Arien has made breakfast and lunch for us. Beeg Close-UP smile comes up. Crabby, who me??
  5. While struggling with multiple deadlines and worrying over my possible goof-ups, I recieve a loong appreciative mail from a senior reviewer and she has cc'd my manager on it.
  6. I am in the middle of a "Its ur fault" fight with the Taurean or the Arien when I recieve a call frm an ole school/college/work friend. We spend the next 2 hours on the phone oblivious of anything else but the conversation. I return to the present with a smile n wud have actually forgotten the fight and may even accept tht I was at fault.
  7. Recieving a Ganesha statue as a gift - I am always happy to recieve one irrespective of the number of Ganesha murthis I have with me at any given time.
  8. When grandma, dad, and other oldies get nostalgic - you have heard the same story a zillion times n you actually know it by heart by now but U let them repeat it so they enjoy the experience once again.
  9. It has been a boring day at work, I am bugged and want to go home when I happen to find tht smne has commented on my post and has included a link to my post frm their post. Full Khush - I now don't want to go home anymore.
  10. Last but def not the least, when someone tells me I have lost weight even though I know I have not :D

Well, it has taken me almost 2 days to get this list right. Of course, there are a zillion other times I smile or feel happy but currently this list is the Top 10 in Town. Already, hazaar other items are trying to make their way into this list and so will append them or create a latest Top 10 list smtm later. Have a Happy Day!!

6 comments:

Dew Drop said...

Hey Casey,

Whether you believe it or not, this morning on my way to work, i actually thought of writing a post on smile.. and its almost similar to this one. I once used to jot down ten things that made me smile each day and it was a very interesting exercise to do at the end of a sometimes boring/tensed/workaholic/serious work day..

Also, when I drew a Ganesha picture, I thought of you. Have saved one picture for you :)

Your write up is as usual very cheery and nice.. :) Keep writing.. when I write about smile, will surely link to this one :) that will give you a chance to smile :) once again.

Casey said...

Cho chweet :D I was trying to fix sm issues in my doc n was pretty bugged n distracted - ur comment has made me smile :)Thnk you :D

saurabh said...

hey krupa guud one....i was kinda picturing u in my mind smiling while i was reading dis article of urs......just wish that this list of urs becomes endless with not jus 10 but "zillion"things which make u smile....lols.......

Anonymous said...

Hey KC,

Sooo sweet...will definitely try to make ur day more often :)

Casey said...

@Saurabh - Thank you, Thank you :D

Casey said...

@Nishita: Cho chweet- Thnk you :)