Sometimes a resolution with specifics or measures makes it achievable quite as long as I am motivated to do it. For instance, lose 5 kilos before the end of the year. Lose 5 kilos in 3 months - It is possible. But, can I do it? Bottom line, as always, these resolutions boil down to me.
So, instead of coming up with a bunch of resolutions that are easy to make and break - I decided to come up with a list of achievable resolutions for 2015. And since, according to research, 80% of the people who came up with resolutions tend to break all or most of their resolutions before the end of January, I have decided to come up with my list at the end of the month. Here goes:
- Walk for about 30 minutes - 5 days in a week if not every day.
- Eat sensibly to lose 5 Kilos in 5 months time.
- Blog once a week or post 4-5 blogposts a month.
- Read 1 book a month - re-reading an old book is also allowed as long as I read it again completely.
- Try 1 new thing every month - something I have not attempted in the past.
- Take 1 trip per quarter for the change of scene that it gives you - it need not be a big trip - a weekend away or even a single day outing is also fine as long as you are not in your home.
- Start going for driving lessons and drive your car to office before the year ends.