Sunday, January 11, 2015

Hair Spa - Whoo laa laa!

After gazillion salon visits, I finally went in for a Hair Spa. I love my hair, irrespective of its length, but after years of coloring, it was really important that my hair got pampered and I finally opted for it today.

I don't really know what I was expecting but it was def not what happened :) Guys, this post is going to hit your BORING button so move on to some other blog post. Gals, let me know if I got ripped off.

It started with a hair wash - well, my hair was in need of a wash so I have no complaints on that. And then application of a mask for more than 45 mts. And then leaving the mask on for an hour or so (more than an hour as I foolishly asked for a pedi as well*). After that a wash off and a light blow dry.

I dunno what I thought it would be like. Maybe I was expecting a massage (the guys get an amazing head massage from their barbers) and maybe I thought my hair would look even better than before. It was softer, silkier - yes and I looked absolutely gorgeous (I love my hair and when it looks good - I think I look gorgeous :P) but my hair was still breaking easily which was ignored by the lady who handled my hair.   

Maybe I need a few more sessions. Or maybe I need to escape from these folks who try to sell you these Spas. Any comments? Did I get ripped off?


* In most salons, the same person handles most of the requests from a single client. Unless one of her usuals come in and she hands you off for a bit, it is the same person. So, by default, everything is likely to get delayed. And if you are on the clock, like I am, with an impatient hubby and a cranky toddler at home, every delay becomes a big issue. 

1 comment:

nishitak said...

All a scam I feel, it's just superficial difference till the next hair wash. I've been scammed enough times to know >.<