Thursday, April 9, 2009

Top 5 Reasons why I hate the Gym

  1. Gyms play the most awful music for you to workout with.
  2. There are only two types of ppl who workout at the Gym: the xtremely fat and the very fit. (The fat ones are here to make friends, indulge in various time-pass activities, pick fights with the management 'bout their obvious lack of progress, create scenes, etc. The fit ones have come to lose half an inch frm their tummies and 1/4 inch frm their thighs :D Being an in-between makes you a highly conscious, xtremely unfriendly, attention-seeking weirdo.)
  3. Every instructor has his own ideas on what exercise you must be doing and his amazing theories on which part of your body it tones. (If instructor A asked you to pull the dumbells forward for your shoulders, B tells you to push them back for your triceps. C asks you to use the Wrist equipment to tone your wrists.)
  4. Gymming is based on self-motivation. If you are not already motivated - do not expect the Gym to motivate you.
  5. You meet long lost friends, acquaintances, whom you knew when you were 3 sizes smaller and invariably ppl look at you and ask "What happened? U were so fit."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hilarious :D ...


btw, in a moment of madness, I got sucked into signing up for a year-long !!! membership at Gold's Gym Some kind of World Health Day promotion...

Reading your post is making me dread Monday's ordeal - my first day in the gym :(

Casey said...

hahaha - I know eggzactly the same type of madness - I am still ruing the year-long sign-up stuff. In the last six-mnths, I have attndd a total of 30 days (1 mnth) of classes :(
Don't worry - thts jes me n my "I hate Gym" story. U'll be fine.
K has been such a regular, I am thinking of signing off the remnng mnths to him so I do not feel so guilty :D

gugiinsingapore said...

ROFL! i am in the xtremely fat category, and i hope i don't fight with anyone.

but ROFL on the article!

today marks my 3rd week of not gymming. :( am also stuck with a one year membership, but u know wat? its makes me feel better that at least i HAVE a gym membership ;-) makes me feel less guilty so to speak