Thursday, October 16, 2014

This day last year -- XIV

Last year, this day, I was getting a scan done. My due date was still two weeks away. I was having various complaints - could not sleep though I wanted to sleep - in fact could not even lie down without waking up with a sharp twinge of pain. I was always uncomfortable and it felt great to be seated with my back against the wall. But, only for a bit. Walking to and fro helped for a bit. Almost everything helped but only for a bit. It was like I had to be moving all the time. It made me feel so restless.

In a home filled with males, nobody bothered beyond "Do you think you are in labour? No? OK. Cool". I was getting bugged and a bit cranky. It was just an ordinary day. If I had known I was going to deliver the next day, I would have panicked big-time and drove the others nuts! 

No comments: