Tuesday, October 14, 2014

All 'bout lil Kuku - Part 2 - XII

We landed at Thanjavur and opted to catch a passenger train to Nagapattinam. We usually take a bus but this time we were taking the train. I cannot remember much of that journey except that I was fast asleep and Kuku was fast asleep in my arms. When I woke up, I noticed that most of my co-passengers including my relatives were all in different states of sleep as well. We got off at Nagapattinam and then took a taxi to Velankanni. It was warm and felt like 1 or 2 in the afternoon but it was barely 8:45 in the morning.

The moment we check into a hotel, all of us were glad to be out of the sun and Kuku was very happy that he was allowed to crawl. He went from one end of the room to the other and actually giggled.

The mundan was planned for sometime between 2-4 and all of us were ready or so I thought. Kuku fell asleep around 12. Completely and totally tired out with a light fever. I fell asleep in the middle of a conversation with the Arien. I woke up an hour later. Actually, I almost jumped out of the bed in fear that Kuku had fallen off the bed. But, he was still sleeping soundly. Everyone had had their lunch and the Arien had brought me something to eat which I gladly wolfed down. Just as we were wondering what to do - Kuku woke up on his own. He was a lil run down but very glad to see us, it seemed.

The actual mundan process took less than 20 mts. Kuku was totally oblivious of what was going on or did not care. So, the first part when smoothly. And then suddenly, he cared a helluva lot. He started screaming, I was ready to cry, the Arien hoped that Kuku would not get cut, and just like that it was over.

And the joke - Kuku does not think there is anything different in his reflection. I mean, U'd think he would notice that there was no hair but No, Kuku hardly notices. He waves to his reflection, tries to kiss it, and makes faces at me in the mirror. Well, glad that that is over. Big sigh of relief.

No comments: