Monday, August 23, 2010

Lunch @ High Note and a Movie

On a boring saturday, the Arien decided we had to see Predators (the movie) and I agreed if only for an excuse to go out. I have been wanting to eat at High Note for a while and so I tried to sell that idea to the Arien. After stuffing my face, I may fall asleep during the movie and miss it completely. Thats like a double yeah!! (I am so evil ;P) Planning, planning, and more planning - which show to catch? Do we ask the Taurean? Does the Arien still want to catch Predators? Can we catch the 4 pm show? There is no show at that time... Grrr.. In an hour, it was all settled: We were having lunch at High Note, catching Inception (yes, not Predators) at 6 pm.

Lunch was not the yummy affair I wanted it to be - the Arien did not like the food very much (Dragon Chicken and Lamb chops) - but then he is very much a kebab person. He liked the ambience though. The Taurean freaked out on the Veg Melange and Bruchetta. I had the Potato Au Gratin and could not do justice to it. After a while, it was simply too much of cheese, helluva lot of potatoes and I was ready to Guz it. When the bill came, the Taurean offered to treat us and I accepted his offer graciously (I think).

The movie experience was so awesome that I did not obsess over the unclean restroom facilities, the awful seats, a bunch of north-indian guys who for the life of them could not understand the movie, or any other stuff that I usually obsess over. The movie was simply that good. In fact, while Shutter Island solved the mystery for us and we all had this Whoa?!! feeling - in Inception, it was open for interpretation and you never really get rid of the Whoa feeling. The Taurean had already seen the movie but was game for watching it again - I could totally understand why. The Taurean and myself spent the drive home, discussing - nah- fighting over what we considered was the actual sequence of events in the movie while the Arien decided not to join the fray. This is the second movie this year that has totally exceeded my expectations - Ya, the first was Shutter Island. So, if you have not caught it, yet - DO NOT MISS IT.

2 comments:

Girish said...

Completely agree with u. Inception, for me, was 'The Movie Of The Decade' :)
Shutter Island was a good movie. The ending, I was kinda anticipating.
U should have gone to a multiplex to see it.
The crowd with which I saw in the first week all comprised of college students and the experience was too good, to say the least.

Casey said...

@Girish - Thanks for your comment. We had been to one of those old-style single screen cinema halls which was masquerading as a multiplex :( It was awful, to say the least. Yep.. I think I shd have caught the movie during the first week.