Friday, August 20, 2010

Dinner for Schmucks

This was supposed to be a laugh riot. In the trailer that I had watched, Steve Carell looks at a picture of Nelson Mandela with the home owner and says "Wow - this guy is frends with Morgan Freeman", and I thot - tht is seriously funny! Ufff!!! I think I laughed maybe thrice and never uproariously.
Ok first things first -- if you have already seen the movie Bheja Fry, and did not like it much -- do not go for this movie. If you have seen Bheja Fry and liked it - do not go for this movie. If you have not seen Bheja Fry but are willing to get ur bheja fried - go for this movie. Both Bheja Fry and Dinner for the Schmucks are remakes of the French movie (The Dinner Game). Most folks have mentioned that every dialogue is funny and blah de blaah.. but seriously, NO! Maybe you can crack a smile... but after the Intermission you are thinking of walking out! I stayed and watched the entire movie :(

No comments: