Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Fitness and Me - Past and Present

This is one of those crazy posts where I discuss fitness and the sometimes Wah Wah! and most times Blaaah relationship that I have with it. Jes like how work does not seem like work when you are enjoying it or having fun - I feel fitness does not feel like work when you are having fun. Having said that, it takes a while for a person to identify their "Zen option for Fitness" - the first option you try out may not be the best or even the right one for you.

I have tried out quite a few fitness options that worked for me such as: Yoga, Odissi, Dance Aerobics, and Gymming. Of course, my issue with fitness is entirely different. Consistency is the only way by which you can have a fantastic relationship with fitness. Of course, inconsistency is my middle name. I could say that I prefer variety - but that would not be true :P

I opted for Yoga because there was a Yogashaala, next door. Also, everyone at home swore by Yoga. Initially, I struggled to conform to the new regime. Before I knew it, I was a regular - lost a lot of weight - regained the figure I wanted - and my confidence soared. Before long, I forgot that Yoga was keeping me fit and dropped out of class - did not continue Yoga at home - and generally went back to lazy ole days.

When enlightenment dawned, yet again - I enrolled for Odissi classes alongwith my cousin - it seemed like an interesting option to combat after office boredom and would probably help me shed some weight as well. After a few months, the teacher moved to Dubai. Instead of waiting for a new teacher - I decided to join Figurine Fitness for Aerobics.

To be honest, Dance Aerobics taught at Figurine Fitness was/is my favorite way to get fit. I lost a lot of weight - most frends, who knew me frm the fat n flab days - were totally zapped at seeing me looking so fab and fit - I was thrilled at receiving praises - I cud fit into my Jeans - I purchased new ones - I was into only wearing Jeans - and then I go back to good ole lazy days yet again.

As confessed already, I am totally inconsistent. Over the last 4 years - I went back to Yoga - dropped out - went back to Aerobics - dropped out - joined the Gym - (I totally hated the monotony of a Gym. Nothing prepared me for the blaaah mode of the Gym.) - lost interest. I went arnd trying the same fitness options but remained inconsistent.

Currently, I am trying my very best to like the Gym (Fingers crossed). Yup - I have now gone back to that fitness option. Also, I am trying very hard to be consistent (Fingers crossed). Will update you on the latest happenings on tht front when there is something to report - if I am back to inconsistent - well... I hope not :D

No comments: