Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas Preparations - Wednesday

Wednesday turned out to be pretty hectic. I had meetings to attend - work to complete and so I was very sure I would be unable to help out in the crib decorations. We are invited to a family get-together at a relative's place at 5 pm and I opt out. The Arien decides to represent the two of us and is all set to leave at 4:30.

When I return home on wednesday arnd 7:30 - the crib looks the same! The Arien is not at home. I am very surprised. He walks in sheepishly half an hour later - with a goody bag the relative has sweetly sent for us. I am all ready to yell - "How could you forget the Crib? Aren't we supposed to be finished with it by now?" Acting as if I had completed the decorations all by myself ytdy and all he had to do was to get the crib ready. Hehehehehe :D The Arien is totally nonchalant - full of solutions/plans - "We have loads of time - I can finish it in a few mts - I jes need to get grass - paint box - blaah blaah."

Dinner was at Dad's house and I am all set to leave and I find the Arien is intent in his painting of the walls of the Crib, a reddish brown. I agree that it looks lovely - jes like a brick wall and can we get moving when he drops his bomb - He is planning on painting the roof green!! I am unable to suppress a grimace. The Arien takes the hint and decides to accompany me to Dad's place for dinner.

Dinner happens in a rush - Dad (henceforth known as Senior Arien) and bro (Taurean) are wondering why we are late... Grrr.. Taurean has to meet up with frends and is off at the unholy 9:30 pm and the Senior Arien's only comment is "Take the key". I echo the same and the Taurean grins "I have the key but I want Dad to open the door for me" and runs off before we all clobber him :D Senior Arien is busy hiding his yawns - he must be very tired - I signal to the Arien that we must leave. We leave after the Senior Arien wishes us a Merry Christmas amidst two huge yawns.
On our ride back home - the Arien happens to chance upon hay used as packing material - stacked outside a shop that is closed for the day. He hits upon the idea of using hay in the Crib and wants to collect them in the plastic bag that we carry arnd with us. I am scandalised beyond compare and attempt to steer myself away frm such behavior. I get off the bike and walk the rest of the way. Was I hoping tht my reaction would make the Arien change his mind??? ROFL :D While I was walking all alone on an almost empty road, he was busy collecting hay for the crib. We enter home and the Arien busies himself with the Crib and we are finished by 11 p.m. I accept that the Hay has indeed made the crib look pretty real and nice.

I am wondering why we are still awake and I am angrily informed by the Arien "Baby Jesus can be placed inside the crib only at 12 - midnight. " I realize I am yet to learn the nuances of christianity as followed by his family. At midnight, baby Jesus is placed inside the Crib, candles are lit, we say a lil prayer, and soon we are dead to the world as tomorrow... I mean today - was going to be a hectic day - It was Christmas.

Merry X-mas to all you folks :)

1 comment:

Arien said...

Hey, The Three Kings have arrived and you may add that snap also :)