Monday, December 22, 2008

Christmas Preparations - Week of Christmas - Monday

Finally, after waiting (im) patiently for Christmas - we were finally at the week of Christmas :) What I really lowe 'bout Christmas is the shopping. Considering I wasn't buying anything for myself - that is indeed surprising!

Last year we had been to Mandya to shop for cute stuff for the kiddoes - we went by bike -received royal scoldings frm most of the family junta, boring lectures on the perils of going by bike frm everybody who knew us - "Going by bike was way too adventurous - U shd have taken the bus- blaah blaaah"- and so this time, we shopped at Bangalore. Was it adventurous - well, Ob No.. unless you want to discuss driving in Bangalore or finding parking space - which cud easily be another post - but, we did have some fun.

We had planned to start decorating our home two weeks b4 Christmas. Finally, the last weekend b4 Christmas also went flying past. On Sunday evening, I initiated the Gift Wrapping session. I still recall how we spent the day before Christmas last Year. We were multi-tasking (wrapping Gifts, decorating our home, arranging the crib), we were also losing our patience and our tempers, the crib design turned out to be too complex to begin with and it was close to midnight. I did not want a repeat of that, this year. We finished Gift Wrapping by 8 p.m. I was planning to do a Bing dance and stopped myself jes in time :P
Monday morning on the week of Christmas dawned late in our home - I awoke only at 7:45 and the Arien got up at 8:15 and we realized tht home decoration was going to take up a lot of time.... and we were yet to start on that. The Arien jumped at the challenge and decided to finish the entire decoration for Christmas by himself, on Monday. I would have liked to laugh at the plan but I would probably be asked to help him out until midnight and so I said "All the Best" and left for work :D

On my way to work, a former colleague and gud frend, calls me twice in the span of an hour, and follows it up with a message that simply says "Call me" and soon I am agreeing to a dinner plan with some of my gud ole frends - all thoughts of X-mas decorations go flying out of my head :(

1 comment:

Dew Drop said...

:) :) Correct.. Merry Christmas :)

And I really hope that Decoration is done by now :)

Have fun,
Deepa