Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Preparations - Tuesday

When I walked into my home on Monday - I was expecting the house to be all decorated and ready - what do I find: Firstly, the front room looks absolutely bare - none of the decorations have been put up. Secondly, Arien has jes arrived home. Thirdly, I am feeling sick. I cancel my plans for going out for dinner - Arien looks tired out as well and so after irritating him 'bout his challenge of completing everything by himself on Monday - I get some much needed sleep.

Tuesday

The maid has taken off for 3 days - starting today - Soooper Timing. Thanks to her, my mornings are a lot worse than usual, especially considering I am not an early riser. We have a meeting at 7:30 pm and so I am allowed to reach late - Thank God for small mercies :) Before you know - the day has flown past and it is time for the meeting - considering almost everybody is away on vacation - the call duration is shortest ever - 20 mts :D I am grinning ear-2-ear and I rush home, happy at the respite.

The first thing I notice, is that the door has a "Merry Christmas" tagged to it. I ring the bell, though I have the key and as the door is opened, I note the the dim lighting and all the decoration that the Arien has completed all by himself - I am feeling very proud.

He has done an amazing amount of work and is looking bone tired. I am busy staring at the decoration and I hunt for his camera and start shooting. Everything looks so lovely and cute - I feel very special - I know it has not been done for me but for Christmas - but I am feeling goody good, anyways.

The cute little balloons, bells, that are part of these decorations look cute and bright and I am soon focussing on them. I somehow feel the pictures do not capture the look and feel of the decorations but that does not stop me from shooting.
I hear the Arien, flopped on the sofa, comment that the crib is not ready yet. I ignore his comment. The foundation is ready - rather the outline or structure is ready - it will be completed later - but this was done on Tuesday, all by himself with no help frm me or anybody else. He plans to get grass to decorate the roof as Jesus was born in a stable house that was a little more than a hut - he is still wondering if he must paint the roof green - I am busy shooting pics.
I totally miss the Christmas tree - a chuntu one that is also decorated with cute little balloons, bells, Merry Christmastag, that is sitting close to the crib. I am wonderstruck that he managed to complete so much in a day and he grins "I told you - I can." I know that I cannot decorate the house in this manner in a week but I can totally appreciate anyone who can :D
I also note the Merry Christmas Wreath that is resting happily on the curtain rod. I ask the Arien if we shd put it out on the door. He disagrees as he worries it may get stolen. Hmmm... Well, allrighty :)

From Zero to Hero - our Christmas decorations have indeed changed a lot :D I wonder what it will be like tomorrow - we have but one day to complete it - knowing the Arien - I am sure it will all be done by the time - I get home. Yeah... Yippee - Yooo Yooo - followed by Bing dance :D

Oopps... forgot that I have to wash the damn dishes... Grrr.... Can I not have one totally lazy day??? Ok - Don't answer that :)

I started this post showing you how the house was bare of any Christmasy decorations on Monday evening. This is a snap taken from the same angle to show you how the house looked on Tuesday evening when I reached home.

Well, lets see what Wednesday holds for me :) Hopefully, the plan is not to dump Wednesday decorations on me :(

Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year, if I don't catch you b4 that :D

3 comments:

Dew Drop said...

Lovely decorations :) And an interesting post as usual.

Anonymous said...

Aww...it was so sweet of him...btw...please share snaps of the completed crib. I am very curious to see the whole thing :)

Casey said...

Finally!! Added pics of the crib - baby Jesus - Chk Christmas Preparations - Wednesday! :D