Saturday, October 8, 2016

Visiting Relatives over the Weekend

For some reason, it is very difficult for me to get going on a weekend. When we meet my relatives for lunch, we are usually the last to arrive. This is usually my fault. The Arien hates being late and so is usually ready before time. I find it very difficult to be like him. Kuku can be ready quickly or will throw the spanner in the works by shouting NO when I try to get him ready and so that day is doomed.

Last week, we visited my uncle and their family around 12:45 and came away by 2:30. However, I realized that that timing does not work for all especially since we are not meeting at their house for lunch. It actually disturbs everyone's routine and delays lunch. My lunch got pushed by 4 hours because I could eat only after Kuku finished lunch and was put to sleep. While Kuku was cranky, so were the two of us. We thankfully, did not visit anybody else that weekend.

This week, we decided to have lunch at 12:25 and leave. Kuku insisted on eating breakfast very late around 12 and so we were sure we could manage till 3 with fruit and light snacks for him which we packed. We visited my aunt this week. Reached home around 3:45. Kuku was given lunch and he fell asleep at 5. I was more relaxed as I was not hungry but the Arien was tired as he did not get his siesta. Hmmm..

This happens only over the weekend. I don't struggle so much on working days or on days when there is school. Next week, we will be visiting another aunt and I hope we find something that works for all of us. Right after breakfast works but I should get ready by then. Well, lets see.  

Does this happen to you? How do you work around it?

No comments: