Sunday, October 23, 2016

Birthday Celebrations - Cake and Dinner

Kuku's second birthday celebration was officially set to start at 5pm but thankfully started much later. Every time the door bell rang, Kuku ran to the door to welcome his Periappa. It was usually someone else. Everybody else was at our home by 7pm. We got started with the cake cutting at 8 pm, after Kuku's favorite Periappa  had arrived.

The Arien was determined not to order the usual pastry kind of cake this time. He wanted a sponge cake with cream on top. I was not too impressed. He opted for a 3-layered cake - each layer of a different color with angry bird design. When he brought it home, it looked far from impressive :( I was ready to cry and it was only the arrival of guests that took my mind of the cake. As always, Kuku was impressed that he had a cake and sang "Happy Birthday" to himself :D The biggest surprise was that the cake was fabulous. I mean, we finished two layers, during the distribution itself and after we started packing the cake, realized that we may not have any for ourselves - which is so rare :D

Dinner was order-in again from the Arien's favorite Biryani place. We have been ordering in from that place for years now. I usually order in for Chinese food when he orders from his Biryani place and that is what I did this time as well.

By the time, everyone finished dinner, packed some food, and left, it was 10 pm. Not too late but we were tired. Kuku started bawling when he saw his Anna and Periappa leave. The Arien was so tired, he opened a Gems packet and let Kuku have it all - in an effort to distract him. It worked. I tried to get a few Gems away but he immediately started bawling and I gave up. I was tired and hungry and so I opted to eat :) Kuku decided to join me and ate with me. I was glad he was eating so he decided to not worry myself over the Gems.

 

No comments: