Friday, October 7, 2016

Re-Reading Classics -- An update

Went back to reading but was re-reading mostly Agatha Christie and other whodunits, as usual. Finally, re-read Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged. Amazing. Liked it a lot but it took me almost two weeks to complete it.

It had 899 pages and there were moments when I wanted to skip a few paras when I found the content a bit repetitive and trying to force a point that was already made. But, the characters were full of life and it was so true even today that made me want to continue reading it. I cannot review a classic but the book made a profound impact on me.

The other classic that had such an impact on me was 451 Fahrenheit. The Author is Ray Bradbury and the book was published in 1953. An office colleague lent me the book last month and I was simply blown away. I could not put the book down and finished it in two sittings. Not a big book but it kept me engrossed for all of it.

Taking a break from reading heavy stuff for a week :)  

No comments: