Saturday, November 3, 2012

Skyfall -- Movie Review

The Arien was not ready to listen to any excuses - he told me I could join him or he would go alone to this movie. What he did not know was that I was definitely not planning on missing this one :) I was reasonably thrilled at the prospect of catching my first ever Bond movie in the theatre. It was quite ironic then that this movie was quite unlike the usual Bond movies. What do I mean?
  • There was exactly 1 big stunt right at the beginning of the movie which actually reminded me of the Bourne series. (It was a fantastic stunt btw).
  • Not too many funky gadgets or women walking around in skimpy wear. (Was expecting my eyes to pop - sadly did not happen)
  • Scenes where Bond is shown as a man with very human vulnerabilities, can be unfit at times, cannot always shoot perfectly (this was soo unexpected)
I actually quite liked the movie. Maybe it was because of the missing Bond stuff. It had an emotional quotient which made Bond more likeable. The Arien on the other hand was not too impressed - he whispered "This movie will go on record for being the lowest budget bond movie".  But, he liked the movie. In fact, he mentioned that Bond is always shown to be 100% fit, cannot miss a shot, etc. but he is never shown going to the Gym or working out. He added that this movie makes Bond believable because otherwise he would be robocop!

This pic is from his bike stunt that was simply fantastic.

Image Courtesy: http://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/skyfall-trailer-2-sneak-peek/

While the movie was not quite what we expected it was pretty good nevertheless. Catch it!

 

No comments: