Thursday, June 30, 2011

Addictions

**Disclaimer: This post is not a helpline for folks who need help with their addictions**


  • Re-reading Agatha Christie Novels over and over again --- Am currently reading They Do it With Mirrors. I know who the murderer is. That, however, does not stop me from finishing the book. Cannot understand it.


  • Watching Fear-Factor based Indian Reality Shows --- Am currently watching Khatron Ke Khiladi Torchaar. The format has not changed - you would think I would be bored by now - naaah.


  • Never walking out of a book-store without purchasing --- Went to get 2 books for my niece but ended up buying the latest Michael Connelly book, Reversal without having read a single review.


  • Watching Re-Telecasts of the popular sitcom F.R.I.E.N.D.S --- Have the entire collection, season 1 through season 10 except season 7. Still cannot switch it off when there is a re-telecast of even a single episode of any one of the seasons. Drives the Arien nuts.


  • Purchasing shoes, sandals, slip-ons, and a variety of other footwear --- I have to try on a pair of stilletos or wedges, fall madly in lowe with it even if I cannot walk a step without support, and then purchase it. Of course, it is def not comfortable for daily wear and so is dumped in the far corner of my shoe rack until I forget all 'bout it. It is the Arien who sweetly informs me that I have a very similar one at home when I am busy contemplating my next purchase.


  • Watching movies with Subtitles at home --- I believe that a complete movie experience involves no missed dialogue, no did-not-get joke, no "wh?-whaa?-whatwastht?" etc. When you have subtitles, you don't miss dialogues, you get 98% of the jokes, and there is no "whaa?". Of course, it is tedious but I wudn't have it any other way.

No comments: