Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Mexicano Foodo -- Foodie Weekend

Our regular weekend plan usually consists of a movie followed by lunch. Lunch is the usual traditional south or north indian fare. While the Arien is a big fan of traditional Indian food, I am fond of experimenting with different cuisines as long as the items are vegetarian. For the first time, the Arien suggested we visit Taco Bell in Koramangala. Naturally, I almost fell of the chair.

Because our weekend is not complete without a movie, we saw Source Code, before we visited Taco Bell. Thankfully, Source Code was still running in the theatres. The Arien put on his best "Back-frm-the-USA" air and ordered a chicken burrito while explaining what a burrito was. This was the first time I was trying out Mexican food, and so I ordered the veg burrito instead of trying out the other dishes.

The burrito is like a roomali roll made from wheatflour with paneer and alu stuffing for the veg burrito and shredded chicken for the chicken burrito. The roll also consists of rice which was quite interesting. We had opted for a combo and ended up with Nachos and unlimited coke/Mountain Dew/Miranda/Pepsi refills.

Price-wise, I was surprised. It was not as expensive as KFC or McD. Taste-wise, I liked the burrito, but not the Nachos. I think it had to do with the oil it was fried in or maybe the masala. Not really sure. The soft drinks were ice-cold and I was unable to drink it until after we finished the meal. The Arien added that this was how it was in the US as well. I could see his "B-F-T-USA" cap re-appearing :P

No comments: