Monday, April 25, 2011

April Jes Whizzed Past

After resolving to write one post per week this year, I am amazed to see the title of this post. But, seriously, it was a case of too many things going on at the same time. First, came the news of the Arien's impending visit to the US. While I initially toyed with the idea of accompanying him, I dropped it because his itinerary was hectic and I had a release coming up. Then, came the shopping frenzy for the Arien because we found out tht it was around 5 degrees in Chicago.

After a major send-off from his family which kinda became a lil too much for his two week trip, he was gone. I opted to take up additional work to keep myself occupied. Also, my cousin and family were visiting me the week after and so I was all set. Soon, I was very busy: chatting with the Arien in the morn and in the evening, working on the day-2-day office work, completing the additional work that I took up, catching up with 2 old friends and colleagues over dinner at Tangerine, travelling to Mysore with the extended family, MIL's short visit - the general crabbiness that follows, Easter weekend and the hoo-haa that follows, etc. etc.

As a month, April rocked. I mean, I have not had it this busy for a while both professionally and personally, but I was really tired and cranky by the time the Easter week came to an end. I think I was totally zoned out. I felt like I was in a Giant wheel that kept spinning, spinning, and spinning and while I love Giant wheels, I was kinda wanting to step on good ole stable earth for a while. The Arien summed it up by saying "All U really wanted was everyone out of your house - rite?" I agreed :P

Image Courtesy: http://geardiary.com/

1 comment:

Dew Drop said...

Come and spend sometime in Muscat... No one will come inside your house!!!!

The concept of networking,spending time with relatives, friends is just beginning here...and not begun in my American neighbourhood. I miss people!!!