Thursday, July 13, 2017

Lunch at the Bombay Brasserie

After a long time, our team went on a lunch only outing. The place chosen was Bombay Brasserie in Indira nagar. Not many of us had heard of the place but we were all game. Two members from the team, one who was recovering from surgery and the other whose parents were on a sudden visit, could not make it to the lunch. As a result, I was the only vegetarian of the group.
Cocoa Rush

We started with drinks. I did not want to try any of the mocktails and opted to have a lime juice instead. Others tried various mocktails. A number of interesting concoctions were tasted and the one I can remember was Cocoa Rush. Some liked it but some didn't think it was great at all. No consensus at all. There was a discussion on liquid nitrogen and its after effects after cocoa Rush was served at the table which was quite enlightening for me as I was not aware of its use in recent times at all.  

Dessert
I ordered Aam Papad Paneer, as a starter which was sweet. Mostly paneer dishes are spicy but this one was a variation that was not bad. I polished it off anyway. The non-vegetarians (everyone else) ordered various starters and seconds and thoroughly enjoyed themselves. I think I should come here with the Arien. 

I was not really noticing what the others ordered for the main course. My main course had a noodles, coconut rice and a veg gravy that was not at all spicy. A good combination though I would have preferred a bit spice in the veg gravy. I enjoyed it though and polished it off before taking a snap :(
Dessert

I did not have the dessert. I was avoiding all desserts as part of my new diet and I was also stuffed. I did not even taste it.  That was a big step for me. It looked quite tasty though. The two desserts we ordered. 

Balcony Seating at BB
The place has a lovely ambience and a nice cozy feel to it. The walls are a beautiful white and blue which is very pleasing to the eye - reminds you of the beach. The AC inside was a bit high for us and we stared at the balcony throughout. We were not seated at the balcony but it sure does look inviting, right?

Image Courstesy: http://www.bombaybrasserie.in/ 

Nice place to visit when you have the desire to treat your family to a nice and expensive lunch. Lunch for two comes to 1500. There is no booking and so you may have to wait a bit. I liked it. Have you been there? Let me know what you think of the food.

No comments: