Thursday, December 2, 2010

A song a day makes my day

It has been a while since I listened to songs on my mp3 player and I had totally forgotten the calming, soothing effect it has on me. Yesterday, I was feeling a lil stressed and wanted to focus on my work. However, almost everybody and everything seemed to work in co-ordination to ensure that I did not complete any work. The ringtone from the neighbouring cube, the anxious mother calling up her kid's playschool every 15 mts, a pregnant woman discussing the food she had packed for lunch, another annoying ringtone, some senior employee giving gyaan to the junior employee, the loud discussion 'bout english speaking classes between the security guards, and more such distractions had me wondering if I should have worked from home rather than visit the fish-market that was my cube :(

I rummaged in my bag for my headphones and then Bliss! I was soon tapping my foot to match the song and before I knew it - my work was done. I still had a whole hour left - Wow!! Thts a first :P I really miss the headphones we had at my previous organization - it looked like we were air traffic controllers :) Anyway, I like what I have right now and all I am looking forward to now is to keep my mp3 player updated with the latest and greatest so that I can end each day with a beeeg smile. Howzaatt??!!

PS: Last song heard today was Pretty woman by Roy Orbison.

1 comment:

Dew Drop said...

Yes, u are right :) Song a day also could mean, starting ur day with a song u sing aloud as u make ur way to the door after all the work at home in the mornings.. the same song will keep ringing in ur ears and u may or may not notice, but u will be able to catch urself singing the same tune throughout the day.. :) for no reason :)

My song today :) madonna kaadhala nee.. mumbaiyin modela nee.. diana saayala nee.. ammmadeee... :) No real reason to sing this.. i dont even know from where I picked this tune today,.. but so far the day has been full of madonna kaadhal and mumbai model and diana saayal :) One point here :) You must ensure you dont by mistake start off singing Vaazhve maayam :) type of songs... andha oru matter thaan namba paathukkanum :) Otherwise, all is well and try the same music trick on ur walking or exercise routine... Bangalore pavements, ipod songs, cool weather surely is worth a mention here :) Try that as well.