Monday, December 13, 2010

MTR @ Forum Value Mall

For once, we reached the Forum Value Mall an hour before the show and actually managed to have dinner there. We walked into MTR because we wanted to have something light. We chose to sit outside in their terrace-like-place because the rest of the place seemed too suffocating but there was absolutely no breeze. The table we chose was yet to be cleaned. A boy came by and cleaned and there was a foul odour and the Arien gave up trying to identify the source. It finally hit us as we both sat wrinkling our noses after the boy left that it was the cloth he had used to wipe the table. The source of the stink was now transferred to our table!! We realized that we could not change tables and so we both sat facing away from the table until the waiter came up.

We ordered for Bisibele Baath, Kesari Baath, Poori Saagu, and Rava Idli. And this was wen we were not hungry :P The Arien wanted the waiter to bring the Rava Idli and Kesari Baath first but he over-ruled us and brought both the Baath(s) 2gether accompanied by a small kinnam of ghee. The Kesari Baath was low on ghee and was yummy. The Bisibele Baath was maha-mashed and yummy too. We had half-an-half so we could try each other's dish. Then came the shocker, there were no more Rava Idli(s). Ob. someone else had been served my Rava Idli. The waiter walked up and asked me to choose something else - no apologies. I knew that the Arien was likely to lose his temper badly and so quickly ordered Idli(s) for myself. As I turned to the Arien, I saw another couple staring at us and they were eating Rava Idli(s)!! Telling the Arien could result in his losing his temper and so I dropped the idea. The Idli(s) and the Poori(s) arrived with the small steel kinnam full of ghee. Somehow I thot it was oil and poured it on my Idlis and totally regretted it. The Arien meanwhile had a really rough time eating his Poori(s). The palya or was it kurma or saagu or whatever it was - was so bland tht the Arien felt nauseated.

After all the enthu 'bout eating here, the experience was totally blaaah and while the food had its pluses, it is not a place I would suggest to friends, relatives. I think the Kamat(s) are way ahead in this aspect.

1 comment:

Dew Drop said...

Thanks KC.. Good post.. At least I would know not to eat there.. In the three plus years of my stay in Bangalore, I never had a chance to eat in MTR. Next time if and if only I get a chance to eat at MTR, it would be the main MTR and not this one :)