Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Proud Owner of a Phatphatiya

Ok Ok.. so the Arien is the actual owner of the Phatphatiya. I am only the pillion rider when the Arien feels like it.. but Proud Pillion Rider of a Phatphatiya does not really sound like the title of a blog post, does it ... does it??

Anyway, last month, the Arien brought home the T-bird or the Phatphatiya. This has been one of his dreams and after having various mini-squabbles with me on the expense, do we really need this now, what 'bout ur CBZ - none of which fazed him - he took me to the showroom so we could drive it home, together. Two ppl cannot really drive it but the idea made me go aww... (Score for the Arien!) and so there I was with him at the showroom. For the folks who are bulbing, Phatphatiya aka T-bird is actually Thunderbird -- not the Ford Thunderbid which is a luxury car -- but the Royal Enfield Thunderbird Twinspark.

The Arien chose the silver coloured T-bird while I totally fell for the red one - shown here. The Arien realized on our first drive that he cannot drive it the way he drives his CBZ. After a month of driving, he tells me that the first month was akin to taming some wild beast. The bike is indeed quite powerful and heavy. You shd chk out his huuuggee smile as ppl openly gawk at the person driving the T-bird. As far me, well, I am the proud pillion rider of the T-bird. I have driven the CBZ but this is a whole new species, and I really don't want to test my skills on this beast.

No comments: