Thursday, July 22, 2010

Dressing Style of Phatphatiya Riders

The Phatphatiya is not just a bike - it is a status symbol - most ppl gawk at you if you own or drive a phatphatiya. Maybe they jes gawk because they can hear the phatphatiya from far and have to move out of the way. :D But, if you look closely at the teenagers, boys especially, - they have this look of worship for the bike combined with a look of pure envy directed at the rider which is almost funny to watch for a pillion rider like me.

Maybe because the Arien now owns a phatphatiya, nowadays, I notice every guy who drives a phatphatiya. I also observe their dressing style. Today, as I was driving to work, I heard rather than saw this guy on a Phatphatiya. As he drove alongside me for a few seconds, I noticed that his hair was curly, unkempt, and he had on a nice cool pair of shades and wore one of those muffler thingies around his neck. His whole look was kinda wild but cool at the same time. Interesting. Most guys wear the tried and tested classic look: white shirt, jeans, cool pair of shades and a nonchalant air as they drive past us common folk (those in bikes tht are not Phatphatiyas) while the rest of us chew dust as we can def not drive faster than them.

Well, what I did learn at the end of the day was that Phatphatiya riders are as eccentrically well-dressed or badly dressed as the next person. Whaaat?? You expected sm punch dialogue?? hahahaha :D

No comments: