Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Wild Hogs

It was a Monday and - I was waiting to go home as soon as I walked in - I had some blaah work to do - which was done in record speed. Quickly, before ppl realized I was out of the door - I left :D - Ya.. I do that smtms - provides sm vago (pronounced - Vague + O) excitement and soon I was at home. After a really loong time, instead of reaching home an hour and a half after I leave, I was going to be home in less than half an hour.

Anyways, you know by now, that I totally lowe thrillers, and horror movies but did you know that I also lowe the in-your-face comedies? Well, I do. And, when Wild Hogs was the evening entertainment - I simply could not resist.

There were so many things that you can laugh at and when you look back - maybe even connect to - that I was ROFL :D It did not require you to put on your thinking cap and ponder over the subtle humour - you jes fell over laughing b'cos it was so in your face.

Tim Allen was always a favorite - from the Home Improvement sitcom days. He was not at his funny best, though. John Travolta was, not surprisngly, very good :D If you have seen Grease, Face Off, Broken Arrow, and then Wild Hogs - Well, you can then easily appreciate the actor, in him. Let us not forget Pulp Fiction which was simbly 3 good :D - Yup. Macy and Lawrence provide the needed distrations - sometimes over the top distractions - but one has met smne like them at sm point or the other. The movie recieved quite a few negative reviews but was a top grosser. That proves that critics and their reviews do not make or break the movie - the audience does.

Of course, there was stereotyping - but I liked it all the same. Chk it out when you want a total break from whtever is bugging you - I can totally assure you that you will enjoy the break and totally forget what was bugging you :D

No comments: