Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Mangalore - Day2

After a looong drive that could be summed up as Day1 - which was fun - I was looking forward to Day 2 at Mangalore....

Day 2

The day started when I awoke at 8:30 am. I was actually surprised that it was not later ;P As usual, the Arien woke up as if the day was already over and we had missed some hazaar stuff. Anyways, after a lazy breakfast and a rushed shower, we were off to visit some temples... we first went to the Mangala Devi temple. We reached jes in time as the temples close by 12. Inspite of that, we decided to visit the Kadri Manjunath temple. The main deity's sanctum sanctorum was closed to everybody and so after visiting the other diety's shrines, we had to leave. That picture is of the doorway to the Kadri Manjunath tempe. It was a warm day and the time was around 1 when I took the snap. :)

The Arien wanted to try out mangalorean food and so we decided to go to Periera's - a resturant-cum-hotel which was supposedly renowned for authentic mangalorean cusine. The Arien was majorly excited and so we went around asking for directions. After circling the same place thrice we realized we were lost. It took us till 2:30 to find the place and what a shocker it was :( Firstly, it was so sad looking that I was very sure I did not want to eat there; Secondly, it was a Non-Veg resturant (this was new: any resturant does not want to miss ou on the veg crowd and so throws in a "veg and on-veg" by-line) ; Thirdly, the resturant had been closed a long while ago. The Arien totally lost it especially 'cos he was very hungry and we did not really know the way back. We drove around and ate at the first place we saw which was (ob.) a mistake.

Anyways, the moment we reached the Hotel, I wanted to have a chuntu snooze and so we decided to go to the Panamboor beach after the snooze around 4:30pm. I woke up at 5. By the time I got ready and we found the beach it was 6:00 pm. Yupppp.... The Arien walked around with a growl and was totally irriated that I could sleep on a holiday... Do not look at the logic.. Seriously :D

We stayed at the beach till it was 8:00 p.m. and then left - I promised that we shall leave early tomorrow and check out the Ullal beach. At that promise and a lovely dinner later - good mood was restored to the angry Arien. Meanwhile, I was crossing my fingers as I can never get up early when on a holiday :D

No comments: