Thursday, May 31, 2012

National Bandh Day

Today was the day of the National bandh. Both the Arien and self opted to work from home. After a few minutes, the Arien brought the silence to my notice. The silence was deafening. Usually, there is a lot of traffic noise all around - horns blaring, brakes squealing, autos honking, people yelling, hawkers selling their wares - it is a regular noisathon! All that was Gaayab - Gone!

I actually managed to make out the sound of a bird chirping which can be heard only early in the morning. I think the bird was probably frightened at the absolute lack of noise. My neighbour took his chuntu dog out for a walk at 2 pm. The time was odd and the Arien made a nasty comment that had us both giggling like goofballs :) Sometimes, one can be so mean :(

The senior Arien also did not go to work today and slept the morning away, happily. I am all for the Bandh for the enormous sense of peace - artificial, of course - that it created today. Am I being the nasty one, now?

How was your day?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My bandh day was terrible. We had a holiday but I had to work from home because of a release, and then I had to work on a Saturday to make up for the "holiday" :(