Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Kahani -- Movie Review

This was a movie I was not interested in, initially. This was largely because I had watched The Dirty Picture a few weeks ago and I could not believe Vidya could top tht. I had had major doubts 'bout Vidya donning the role of an uninhibited seductress (Silk Smita). Vidya was simply superb in that movie. I think everyone was surprised at her potrayal and her performance deserved all the accolades she received. Usually, after a power-packed performance in one movie, the actor does not give their all for the next. So, I was not expecting much.

The idea of a pregnant lady (Vidya) searching for her missing husband was intriguing but I somehow thought we would all troop in with high expectations and then think "Why Why Why -- why did I have to waste my weekend watching this movie of all movies?" I thought the Arien shared this view and so was quite surprised when the Arien said we were watching it over the weekend.


Image Courtesy:http://in.movies.yahoo.com/photos/

The movie was fast-paced, gripping, and demanded all your attention. Unlike most movies where they blade you with the over-indulgent flashbacks, this movie did a good job of the editing. Kolkata was noisy, colourful, dirty, and beautiful at the same time. It was enjoyable and Vidya has done it again - Fantastic! I felt guilty for writing her off as an actor who may not have given her all for the next project. She has carried the movie on her slender shoulders. She received good support from the inspector, who assisted her in her quest. The actor's name is Parambrata Chatterjee, a bengoli.

Watch it!!

Image Courtesy: http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/features/article2973946.ece

1 comment:

Dew Drop said...

Thanks Casey. Will definitely watch both the movies.