Thursday, September 1, 2011

Ganesh Chaturthi

I had missed celebrating Ganesh Chaturthi last year thanks to the golden triangle trip we went on. So, I was quite keen on not missing it this year. For the first time, the Arien insisted that I take an off on Wednesday (ytdy) so I do not feel hyper stressed on Ganesh Chaturthi. I think that idea was good. After cleaning up the house, we went out for a drive and purchased Ganesha idol, the go-green one as usual, and all the other misc stuff. We were actually back home before 6 pm on wednesday. Thats a first!


We made Kothhu Kadala shundal, sweet Kozhakattai, and Vadai. The Arien forgot to get Vermicilli. So I could not make Semiya Payasam. The arien suggested Gulab Jamun as an alternative and I agreed. If I mentioned that to any of my aunts especially my periamma - she will burst into laughter and I will never hear the end of that for the rest of my life. So, I did not call her or anybody else to discuss the dishes I made :D

It was a nice celebration - no tension, no stress - jes the way I wanted. Yeah!!! Thanks a lot to the Arien, of course, without whose help I may not have been able to celebrate it - the way I wanted to :D

No comments: