Tuesday, January 18, 2011

hey - Do you remember me?

Yesterday, as I was walking home from work, a guy stopped his bike right in my path. I decided not to panic when he took off the helmet and made as if to talk to me. I tried out various answers in my head, when he called out my name. The plan was not to look up but his saying my name, changed the rules. He continued, "Hey - Do you remember me?" and I looked at his face sans the helmet and realized that it was my friend and not a serial-killer on the loose or a Hindi Mallum guy on a bike. The last time I saw him was 10 years ago when we studied together. Now, both of us were a lot plumper but not unrecognizably so :D

It was such a relief that I burst out laughing wen he asked me if I remembered him. After I convinced him, we spoke 'bout our other class-mates. I cud remember most of the names. (Surprisingly!) Our batch was the naughtiest of the lot. We were also quite competitive. Some of the folks had completed their Engineering (like my frend), others were college students, some were students who had completed their +2 (XII Std), and there were also a few housewives. To say ours was a mixed bunch was an understatement. The one thing common to all of us was the fact that we were part of the 11-1 batch and that we were in awe of our teacher. He was the bestest thing to happen to us. More 'bout that in a different post.

After spending the next 20 minutes reminscing 'bout those days, what we were upto of late, etc. it was time to say bye. It was such a welcome break to my otherwise boring day that I spent the rest of the evening, smiling.

1 comment:

Dew Drop said...

Correct. I can imagine this :)

Had a similar experience in bangalore three years ago when I met a school friend after nineteen years. We were class mates in Class five!!!!!It is amazing, how easy it is to talk to an old friend about the rest of the class, all in a few minutes time...

Good post.