Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Khatron Ke Khiladi - Thiguna

Fear Factor has been one of my favorite shows, F.R.I.E.N.D.S and Caroline in the City, being some of the others. I was usually found glued to the TV screen whenever these shows came on during school and college vacations. When I heard that we would soon have our very own Fear Factor - Khatron Ke Khiladi, I was impressed. Akshay as the host, was the perfect choice given that he is known for his action-oriented roles and his love for death-defying stunts. Having said that - I must add that Akshay was not the best of hosts. However, there was an innate simplicity in him that has stood him in good stead. Also, he grew on you.

After seeing the latest show, Khatron Ke Khiladi - Thiguna, with Priyanka Chopra, I feel that Akshay was simply great. Not only is Priyanka absolutely boring and completely unwatchable, she has with her "anchoring skills" made Akshay seem like a Demi-God. (Don't believe me? Catch the show). Don't even get me started on her outfits or her "filmy" expressions. She totally lacks spontaneity and that is surprising because she is known to have a bubbly, cheerful personality. At times, she is so blunt - the celebrities are taken by surprise. And, then there are times wen she forgets that she is the host and goes "eeee-yuck" or "Ohhh". If thats the bubbly, girlie behavior - well, the less said the better.

So, if I am so fed up - why am I still glued to the show?The celebrities, of course. Rahul Bose, Rahul Dev, Milind Soman, Karan Singh Grover, Cyrus Broacha, Terence Lewis, Shabbir Ahluwalia, Dino Morea, Manjot Singh ... to name a few. If you are a regular viewer, you may notice that the third level is indeed tougher but then the celebrities are also known for their fitness. The show shd have been great but thanks to PC, it is just about OK. This is only my opinion. If you disagree, drop me a comment.

2 comments:

Girish said...

I didn't follow KKK and I don't follow this new Thiguna also.
But I did watch some episodes from both the seasons and I found Akshay a lot more capable than PC who is hosting the current season!
She doesn't look like she has any spunk in her! It all looks way too scripted!!

Casey said...

@Girish: Hahaha :) I agree wholeheartedly. I like the stunts that they showcase and so even tho' she is bad - I watch the show wenever I can.