Thursday, March 18, 2010

Quick Start Ya Kick Start

It was one of those days when nothing went as per plan.... I overslept and was running late, breakfast of Rava Idli(s) fell flat - I mean literally flat, the Arien is trying not to throw a fit b'cos his breakfast has been killed by me, the maid saunters in late and I am all ready to pull out my hair in frustration. Its also an important day at work for me, I really must complete a lot of work before EOD and naturally, tht thot is running inside my head as a parallel track while I try hard to focus on what is currently going on. By the time I wave a bye to the Arien, and send off the maid, I am wondering if I have to go to work?? Within 25 mts, I am all set to leave - when the door misbehaves.

I spend 15 minutes, trying to get the key to turn left and it is stuck. My fingers are red with the effort, perspiration is oozing down my face, and I wonder if I should work from home instead of trying to close the door. Some one comes down the stairs and stares. His face is bright pink in colour - he has been playing with colours for Holi. He rings the doorbell of the flat opposite mine and I really wish I could jes ask him to help me but my ego is acting up today and so "UNNNGGHHHHHeeeeee ... Bloddy Hell!" continues.

I hear a soft "Do you want some help?" and I turn arnd to see the pink guy standing in the doorway of my neighbour's house, staring at me with a smile. "Ego-shmego" I smile and say "Yess". The pink guy now goes back into the house and asks for paper so that the pink colour does not stick on my door knob, door, etc. He needn't have bothered - all I needed was a lil help. Anyway, he came back and together we managed to lock the door. The moment I saw the key turn, I am already half-way down the stairs - yelling "Thanks a lot" over my shoulder.

I rush to my bike, put on my helmet (no more fines, ppl) and the bike totally refuses to start. Makes a whole lot of weird noises which slowly get lower and have soon reached the range of Kaatruthaan Kavaradhoo. I am not really sure what I must do. In all this confusion, the security guard at our apartment shouts out "Madamaa - scooter start illa??" followed by a smile. Irritated at his comment, I furiously attempt to kick-start the Honda Activa, only to find my "Illa" drowning in the sound of the engine vrr..vRRR.. VRRRng away. I jump on and ride happily out of the basement to the security guard's absolute astonishment.

When I got to work, I found out that the release had moved. Yeah Yeah - Yippe Yippe - Yeah Yeah! I can actually take it easy. Hoo! Hoo! Huoovahoo!! A colleague walks into my cube and comments on my celebrating Holi and while I am staring at her in a quizzical manner, I notice that my hands are bright pink, and I have smudges on my face, neck, duppata of a brilliant mittai pink colour. I rush to the rest room to check on the extent of damage - thankfully, that was all. When the pink guy returned the key, the colour probably stuck to my key resulting in my mess. Grrr..

1 comment:

Dew Drop said...

Belated Holi wishes :)

Nice post
Deepa