Sunday, December 13, 2009

Pink Panther 2

After the very boring De Dana Dan, we returned home feeling cheated. I wanted to watch a comedy so I cud laugh at the jokes in the movie instead of at the movie or at myself for actually sitting through tht nonsense. The Arien was glued to his comp and I was reading "a girl like me" by Swati Kaushal. I was not sure why I picked it up... it was 'bout a teen who has moved frm Minnesota to Delhi, and though I continued reading it - I did not like it much. I wanted to get started on "Plum Island".

The Arien looks up from his comp and says "Lets watch Pink Panther 2 after dinner." This is the movie where Ash makes her hollywood debut... and it stars Steve Martin, whom I luvv. I tell the Arien "Lets order Chinese and we can watch the movie now". The Arien does not want to eat chinese. We spent a few minutes in silence. I am trying to figure out where we can order food frm while the Arien is planning wht he wud like me to cook for him :D A compromise saved the day - we can make chappthi and aloo subji at home.

Pink Panther 2 is quite funny in some parts, Ash is Sonia Solandress (hehehehe!!), there is romance in the air for Steve and Emily (Nicole), and quite a few new characters. While Steve Martin was simbly hilarious in Pink Panther - the sequel did not match up. The Arien, for once agreed with me. Ash does not have a blink and miss role but she has almost nothing to do but b there - which she is good at. The ending is tame and very predictable... as I have mentioned in most of my reviews, I like a twist in the story. Well, apart from the scene where Steve Martin dresses up as the Pope and stands at the Balcony, all the others scenes kinda fall short. I got over De Dana Dan inspite of the fact that Pink Panther 2 did not meet my expectations - thanks to Steve Martin.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Same thoughts on the movie. Overall pretty flat, but it all gets over quickly.

I am pretty sure De Dana Dan was horrible. Of late, Akshay/Katrina pairing=rubbish