Friday, June 19, 2009

Boyfriend's Jeans

It was one of those lazy saturday mornings when I came across this article on "Boyfriend's Jeans". It was all 'bout how cute Katie Holmes looked in them and how the said pair of jeans was soon going to become a popular fashion trend. Firstly, there is all together too much hype and hoopla 'bout TomKat. I felt Katie looked very cute b4 she married Tom. Kinda goody-two-shoes but sweet. However, she totally lost all sense of dressing after her marriage to Tom and she looked dowdy most times - blame it on scientology or Suri - but its a fact. Anyways, wanting to know what other ppl think of the latest fad - I took this up as a conversation starter to find out what ppl think.

Overheard at the Gym:
"Boyfriend Jeans???!! I wouldn't fit into them" said Thunder Thighs Tina. "I prefer borrowing their T-shirts - I can easily fit into a size M while I wud b a XXL if I had to buy T-shirts meant only for women. "

Overheard at the Pantry:
"Boyfriend jeans... Chah" exclaimed Sneezing Sneha. "I prefer borrowing their kerchiefs. Have you noticed how beeg they are? Perfect for my cold. These chuntu, lacy stuff - wht use are they? I ask you Aaah... Achoooo!!"

Overheard at the Mall:
"Jeans? Why on earth wud I wear my boyfriend's jeans? I spend so much time Gymming and doing Yoga to get this amazing figure - why would I want to hide it in a pair of boyfriend jeans?" asked shopaholic Sweety. "If I had to borrow something from my boyfriend - it would be his wallet for my shopping."

Over the course of the day, I found that most women want to borrow something that belongs to their man, but it was not their jeans. Hmmm... Well, do guys want to borrow something from their women?

Shared in strictest confidence
"I used to borrow my gal's Fair and Lovely cream for years" whispered Vijay. "That was until John Abraham endorsed Garnier Mens Fairness cream."

All names have been changed to protect the identity. If you would like to share what you would like to borrow, send a comment and I shall include it here.

2 comments:

Dew Drop said...

Total time pass :) Nice post..

Anonymous said...

I don't know ya...think boyfriend jeans are nice. They are very kind to the figure, don't you think?

Btw,I mean the boyfriend jeans that you get at the store, not actual boyfriend or hubby jeans...that would be too much. We'd end up looking like Huckleberry Finn!

The only thing I'd like to borrow from hubby is socks, because they are thicker and longer than mine, so more cozy...