Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Killoo Ki Kahani - Episode 638

... And the winner of the Year's Best Script Writer award is .... (Total Silence) ... Kalyani. Everybody starts clapping and cheering her. Her manager, Devika, was actually smiling... that was a change. Kalyani prepared to get on the dias to receive her award. She checked to see if she had her impromptu speech ready, and tried to recall whom all she must thank. All was indeed well, her cue card was in her hand, hidden in the folds of her duppatta and she stepped on the first step. Suddenly, her cute, sweet niece, Shreya, appeared near the first step and started shouting something. Kalyani was unable to understand what Shreya was trying to say because of all the clapping and cheering . She tried to pull Shreya closer without attempting to carry her as she did not want her new red chiffon salwar kameez to get rumpled. Shreya screamed "Wake up Kalyani chithi - Paatee is coming with a stick." She smiled - maybe Shreya was going slightly mad at the thought of all the fame and popularity that she, Kalyani, would be bringing to their family. It was enough to make her go mad so I guess it was understandable - must talk to Kalpana though. Hmmm...
Thwaack!! Ouuchhh!! What was that? Oh no... her mom was near the dias, with a stick and wearing one of her old nighties ... Oh noo.. How does amma always know how to convert one of her best moments into one of the most embarrassing moments? Everybody was now staring at her not awe-struck but in shock. Grrr....
Thwaacck! Thwaacckk!! Oouuccccchhh... Kalyani woke up in a hurry almost falling out of her bed, shouted "Amma... cudn't you jes wait till I came home? You have managed to embarrass me and yourself by beating me with a stick on National Television ". Kalyani stared at her mother's furious expression and then at herself and realized that she was having one of her "2-real-2-be-a-dream" dream and that she was going to be very very laate. She rushed to the bathroom, pushing Shreya out of the way. She could hear her mother screaming at her door as she started brushing her teeth. Damn Damn Damn ... the dream was 2-2-real. Grrr...
In an hour's time, Kalyani was ready to leave. She decided not to have breakfast as she did not want to eat Idlis, which was invariably the breakfast today and her mother would not tolerate any comments on the breakfast after the disaster in the morning. She sneaked out of the house while her mother was feeding Shreya. Poor Shreya, at that age, you really could not escape the Idli. Hehehehe - She remembered how even at that age, she would not eat idlis and was branded stubborn. Well.. Well.. Well.. aaj kal ke bachhe - No rebelling spirit... Hmmm.. Well, Kalpana was not too rebellious anyways. She was the miss goody goody who was now Mrs goody goody. hehehehe.. I am too nasty. But really, looking back, she did her engineering as appa wanted her to, married the Iyer boy whom amma selected and now she was re-joining work after a solid break of 5 years. I sometimes feel like shaking her. Because of her, I always end up as a nay sayer, a breaker of rules, and stubborn .. Grrr.. Uffo... Did I have to give my bike for servicing yesterday of all days? Now, I have to wait for the auto guys to show some mercy on me. Aiyooooo.
Finally, walked into the Shrushti Telefilms office. She had on her best close-up smile. She was going to be the Best Script Writer, na?? Aaaj Mein ooper, aasma neeche... Aaaj mein aagey, Zamana hai peechey... lalalalala lalala laaa.... was the song her mind was singing when she heard a shrill "KALYANIIIII!!! You are laaate again." Uffo that was Devika. She will kill me - better ditch the handbag and act as if I have been here for more than 2 hours. Damn Damn Damn Damn... no one in sight. Ok... will handle this with trademark nonchalance.
Kalyani: Good Morning Devika, I know you are going to ask me how is today's episode coming along and I have the bestest News for you.
Devika: Oh really?? I am all ears.
Kalyani: I plan to bring Abilaash, Killoo's long lost brother, back into the picture. The episode begins with his entry and depicts how he is welcomed back into the family and ends with his leaving. Howzthat??
Devika: Oh really?? Have you forgotten that the actor who played Abilaash broke his contract and joined Bhavani Telefilms? Are you doing this on purpose? Do you want me to fire you? You really cannot be that stoopid, can you? I am going out with a client now. I want the script for today's episode at my desk in an hour. When I come back, if the script is either not at my desk or is not to my liking, you can leave. Do not bother leaving your home address as I do not plan to pay you for the work done this month. Am I clear?
Kalyani: Of course.
So what did Kalyani write? Did she get fired? Wait for the next update ;P

No comments: