- Kuku talking - a lot. Whole bunch of new words instead of pointing and crying. He frequently says "Amma please stop talking" so he gets my full attention and he talks to me. He does not articulate some words clearly but folks other than his parents can now understand what he says. He also says "Kerpeech" for kerchief and "bo-loon" for balloon.
- Kuku going to school without fussing. Initially he did not want to go to school, but soon he was interested in going to school.
- Hiring someone for our team after a month long round of tests, interviews, and more.
- Losing 2 Kgs in the last month of the year without any effort :D
- Deaths: George Michael dying at 53 on Christmas weekend; Jayalalitha's illness, death and the conspiracy theories surrounding her death; Balamurali Krishna's death; Cho's death;
- Getting all sentimental and crying whenever I listen to beautiful music: Yesudas singing some old favorites, John Denver, bala murali krishna, etc.
- Not keeping in touch with friends, family, and generally feeling like I was stuck in a boring routine
- Deaths in the family: MIL (March) and Grandma (November)
- Two dreams died in 2016. Not sure if I want to re-visit them again ever but never say never. So, lets see.
- Struggling with my impatience, temper, and the resultant guilt.
Well, 2016 was hardly a favorite. Looking forward to 2017. Hope it is way better than 2016.