Sunday, May 10, 2015

First movie experience with Kuku

While on our shortest visit to Chennai, ever, we managed to catch the latest Kamal Hassan movie, Uttama Villain. You can read the review in my next post. It was Kuku's first movie experience.

To start at the beginning, we thought the drive and the popcorn that we were eating outside was a good prelude to the movie for Kuku. But, Kuku believed otherwise. He ran all around the place, accepting popcorn from my niece - who gave him tiny bite-sized bits for easy chewing. He attempted hide n seek but seeing the crowd decided against it. And then he went from one person's arm to the other. We were about 10 ppl watching the movie and so it was a while before he came back to me :) All this happened outside the screen.

Once inside, Kuku was quite surprised that we all had to stay put in one place and shrieked. The Arien dutifully walked him down to the lowest or first row. Then the lights dimmed and Kuku wanted to climb up and down in parallel to the rows of seats - so, the Arien took him up and then down and then out. I was so guilty that I timed myself to step out exactly after 30 mts to bail the Arien out. I got up from my seat only to find the Arien standing near the stairs to the exit with a fast asleep Kuku in his arms. He slept for about 30 mts and then same issue - lets go up and down, up and down, up and down. Thankfully, it was Intermission by then.

Post Intermission and a few scenes later, I decided to relieve the Arien and found them near the stairs leading to the exit. Arien was watching the screen, Kuku was watching his rhymes on the Arien's phone! I watched the rest of the movie from the stairs while Kuku continued to watch his rhymes so the Arien could sit in his seat for a little more than 15 mts.

So, that was our amazing (???) experience at the movie hall. On our drive back, the Arien whispered, "Lets not watch a movie in a theatre until he is old enough to sit and enjoy the same." I had to agree. So, while we will continue to watch movies, it maybe in our home rather than on the big screen, for a while at least.  


     

No comments: