Sunday, March 15, 2015

Re-reading Classics -- Escape into paradise

Surprisingly, March has been a month of reading. I started with some of the books I loved and then moved on to ones which I could not remember at all. The ones I re-read this month include the following:
  • Anne of Green Gables by Lucy Maud Montgomery
  • Pollyanna by Eleanor H Porter
  • Emma by Jane Austen
I am currently reading Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte. I am trying to read 1 book from an author and then going back to them again hopefully next month. Unfortunately, Emily Bronte, has written only this book. Though I recall having read it, when I re-read it, I could not remember much. It was quite surprising. I have not yet finished reading it, though. Hopefully, some memory will return.

I have always wanted to read Alice in Wonderland - I remember reading the book when I was a kid and getting lost in the book and being unable to figure out what was going on and getting very confused. I also want to read all the books in the Chronicles of Narnia series, by C S Lewis.

I know I tend to read a particular genre for quite a bit and then drop it like a hot potato. So, let me see how long this interest in classics perseveres. I may not even continue after this month. Fingers Crossed!


3 comments:

Jose R Castello said...

Casey,
Is there any way to email or contact you? I am interested in using one of your Blackbuck images.
Best,
Dr Jose R Castello
info@doctorcastello.com

Casey said...

Hi Dr Jose, Where do you plan to use the image? You can go ahead and use it but remember to credit the image and add a link to my post. Thanks!

Jose R Castello said...

Thank you very much,
Casey.

I will be using in on this book in which I am still working:

http://doctorcastello.com/antelopes/Castello_Bovids.pdf

Please, do not make this link public, as it is still under revision.

Please, let me know which full name should I use to credit your photo.

I will keep you updated.

Best,
Jose