Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Hyderabad -- A new chapter

Did you wonder why I was blogging some abstract stuff 'bout change in my last post? Well, the Arien received a job offer. The offer was good but the catch was that he had to work out of Hyderabad. After talking, fighting, discussing, screaming, throwing things, yelling, and a few unnecessary threats - it was decided that the Arien would take the offer. After the decision was made, I thought the tension would ease but as things go - the tension grew worse as it neared his joining date. The action item list just grew and grew and grew and overwhelmed both of us and our families! With receipt of gyan from all sides, the Arien picked up a new habit of nodding away as if agreeing to all that was said instead of replying or disagreeing.

I have always loved moves. Dad was into bridge construction and so it was quite common in our household to be always on the move. Moves meant new places, new people, and it was more like embarking on a brand new adventure - I could never figure out why my mother was always grumpy whenever Dad announced a move. Now, I understand.

So, here I am at our new place in Hyderabad with most of the stuff from our house. No no - I have not relocated - yet. The Arien has been coming to Bangalore every weekend and I hope I can spend a week at Hyderabad every other month or so. A new chapter has begun. All the Best to us!

No comments: