Thursday, January 5, 2012

The Camel Club -- David Baldacci

I borrowed this book and the winner from my cousin during my visit to Chennai, in January, last year. I had enjoyed the winner a lot and so was looking forward to reading this book but somehow the first 20 pages failed to hold my attention and I kept it aside. Last year, in December, I finally took up the challenge and made up my mind to get past the first 20 pages. Surprise! Surprise! I managed to finish the book - sometime this year.

This is a politico-drama-murder mystery story and the author brings in a number of characters during the first 20 pages. Maybe that was why I lost interest. Anyway, the pace picks up after the murder which happens a few pages after the first 20 pages. And then, moves forward at a brisk pace. The ending was quite unexpected. I was quite surprised because I expected it to have a filmi ending. I liked the book even though a few months ago - I could barely devote even an hour to the book, I was quite engrossed after the murder. Considering I like murder mysteries, it is but natural.

I have only read the winner and the camel club so far. Both very different. I should try reading other books by this author. Any suggestions?

No comments: