Monday, August 1, 2011

Locked Out

Today, I forget my keys at home. I did not even realize that I had done so until I got off the bus at the bus-stop near my house, in the evening. I called the Arien instantly b'cos this was only the second time in 4 years that I have done something so foolish. The Arien was going for his Chai break but sweetly agreed to come home immediately. I was glad because Dad was coming home only after 9 pm and I really had nowhere to go and no vehicle either.

Immediately is subjective. That is what I realized after sitting outside my apartment for more than 45 minutes. Before coming home, I even went to the local Bakery and purchased sm general items. I spent the 45 minutes sitting on the stairs playing Global Bloxx to while away the time. A thoughtful neighbour asked me in but I had one of my TB coughs going on and they have a chuntu baby. I really did not want to be blamed if the baby fell sick. As a general rule, I do not venture into the neighbouring apartments and chit-chat. So, their invite made me feel quite awkward. I probably ended up sounding rude. While I was wondering 'bout tht, the Arien called and told me he would be home in 5 mts... and he was.

I did not realize how much of a haven my home was until I was stuck outside with no way of getting in. Oh Oh! This is the first time I have posted on the first of the month -- Woohoo!! Its a blooper post of mine -- Boohoo!!

No comments: