Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Lunch @ Sue's Kitchen in IndiraNagar

This weekend, both of us wanted to eat at some place we had not been to and I opted for Sue's Kitchen. I had heard 'bout this place from a few colleagues and friends. The cuisine is Carribean and that in itself was going to be a new experience for us.

I was so fed up of the buffets I have been to offlate, that I was ready to enjoy any change. The food was quite different and nice. I was also amazed at the vegetarian variety. There was a Ghar-ka-Khaana feel to the food. I especially enjoyed the Calypso Rice, the Russian Salad, and the fried vegetables. The Arien found some of the non-veg items slightly sweet. He likes his meat to be spicy. Some of the dishes were spicy and the Arien enjoyed those. He went in for seconds which means it was good. There was a karela subji which I avoided that the Arien bravely tried. By the time, we started on the Dessert, I was stuffed. The Dessert was simple, no zillion pastries to choose from which was a blessing, and yummy.

The place was quite empty, two or three couples, at the most and usually accompanied by chattering or yelling toddlers. Surprisingly, majority folks who came, were malayalis. While I was slightly disappointed with the ambience, the lunch for two turned out to be quite expensive. Parking is a challenge sometimes - someone from the resturant helped us out and so it was easier for us. Overall, an OK experience.

No comments: