Friday, January 30, 2009

Last Woman Standing

January has rushed past and I am left wondering which one of my New Year Resolutions still stands. We were given an unexpected 4 days off during the last week of December and that made me come up with umpteen resolutions. Does it sound like I am blaming the person who gave us the off? Well, ya. The off gave me a lot of time on hand, and I came up with resolutions which I know for sure, I won't keep. I came up with them hoping I would keep them - but deep down I know I won't. Ufff.. this is one helluva vicious cycle.

Anyways, I have the usual ones that include going to the gym regularly to keep fit, keeping in touch with friends (especially school and college frends), remembering anniversaries and birthdays of extended family members and inviting MIL over.

I also had this whacky list that included getting a decent sized colourful tatoo done, going bungee jumping, learning odissi, growing out my hair, curling my hair, getting a total makeover, playing a part/role in a movie or play, and learning to skate in an ice-rink. Whaaa?? Whyy are you laughing?? Do I have to wait to have a terminal disease to come up with the bucket list kinda wish list - why not come up with it now so I have no regrets later...

Then comes the status update: Of the usual ones, most of tht stuff except the fitness stuff is on track :D Of the whacky ones - not one :(

I guess the lack of time is one reason why a bucket list works - but let me prove it otherwise. Wish me luck fellas and gals :D

2 comments:

gugiinsingapore said...

well at least u made some, i've not bothered to make any for years...

Anonymous said...

KC, you have been talking about a tattoo for too long ! Uff, just go ahead, it would be gr8.

The resolution about acting in a play also sounds real cool. That is also one of my out there dreams. Please, please go for it. We will be there cheering for you :D