Saturday, February 21, 2015

Elaneer Mousse

I spent a lot of time nibbling on my nails wondering if I would do anything new this month. And then over the weekend, as we drove towards Mysore, we stopped at a Food Court. I was quite surprised to hear myself order Elaneer Mousse at the UpSouth outlet. I am not someone who experiments with food and so I was very sure I would be hitting myself on the head 'bout that choice for the rest of the journey. Surprise! Surprise! I loved it. Its very rare that I experiment with my food and rarer still that the experiment does not blow up on my face. I had the widest smile in a loong time and was ready to do the bing dance :)

Well, Elaneer Mousse (Elaneer means coconut water in Tamil, Malayalam, and Kannada) ,as the name suggests, tasted of coconut. I love coconuts. I like them in Biscuits (coconut crunchees), chocolates (Bounty), Chutneys, Subjis, and raw as well. And so, obviously I liked it a lot. I allowed the Arien to take a bite and he was like - "It tastes like coconut burfi" which made me go Grrrr.. Well, ya, it kinda tastes like coconut burfi. The Arien somehow managed to hit the nail on the head.

Image Courtesy:  http://www.indiannewsandtimes.com/2014/06/25/upsouth-adds-fantastic-elaneer-mousse-menu/

Well, anyway, I tried a new dish - Yipeee!! I loved it - Double Yipee!! I have a post - Triple Yipee!!

No comments: